With the acquisition of Motorola last month we can expect Lenovo to ramp up its smartphone lineup for the US market. As of today, Lenovo has introduced smartphones in 25 countries for the past two years. At MWC, the Chinese manufacturer announced three new affordable smartphones in its popular S-Series: the S860, the S850 and the S660.
The S860 offers a 4000 mAh high capacity battery for an all-day of intense usage, according to the manufacturer the S860 delivers up to 24 hours of talktime over 3G connections and stand by up to 40 days. The Lenovo S860 boasts a 5.3-inch wide view HD display, a Quad Core MTK processor, 2GB RAM, a dual SIM, a wide angle 1.6 MP front camera, a 8 MP rear camera and a flash equipped rear camera.
To give some prospective on this, most recent phablets feature batteries in the 3,200 to 3,400 mAh range. The 6.1-inch Huawei Mate 2 is the only one to carry a 4000 mAh battery, and, given the huge size of its display compared to the Lenovo S860, a lot of the power is used to light the pixels on the screen.
The Lenovo S860, will be available in selects markets and at www.lenovo.com for a starting price of $349.
- 5.3” HD (1280×720) IPS touchscreen
- Dual, front-facing speakers
- HSPA+ 21Mbps(DL)/ 5.76Mbps(UL)/ EDGE
- Android 4.2
- Up to 43 hours (2G)/ 24 hours (3G) of talk time
- and 28.5 days (2G)/ 40 days (3G) of standby
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera, 1.6MP front camera
- 2GB memory, 16GB storage
- On-the-go charging of other devices
- MediaTek 1.3GHz quad-core processor
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Li-Ion polymer 4000mAh battery
- 10.3mm (0.4”) thin, weighing 0.42lb
|Key Specs||Lenovo S860|
|Display Diagonal||5.3" (13.46 cm)|
|Max. Total Storage Capacity||16 GB|
|Battery Capacity (mAh)||4000 mAh|
|Complete product data||Lenovo S860 Full specs and details|