A couple of weeks ago, Nokia and Verizon announced the Lumia Icon handset, which at that time was pegged as a Verizon exclusive. Well the good news for those looking to get their hands on te device is that perhaps the exclusivity with Verizon might not be forever after all. According to the folks at TechnoBuffalo, they are claiming that according to their sources, the Lumia Icon will be making its way to the rest of the world at a later date. While no specific dates were mentioned, their sources expect that to take place sometime in late spring or summer and it will definitely be after Microsoft finalizes their acquisition of the company.
Hopefully by then the handset will be launched with Windows Phone 8.1 on board. However the handset will most likely retail as the Nokia Lumia 929 as the Lumia Icon branding will remain as an exclusive with Verizon. For those hearing about the Lumia Icon for the first time, the handset is essentially a smaller version of the Lumia 1520. It will pack high-end features like a Full HD display, a quad-core processor, a 20MP PureView camera with Carl Zeiss lens, and will come with a host of Nokia and Microsoft services, including 7GB of cloud storage on Microsoft’s OneDrive. So, who else is excited to get their hands on the Lumia 929 once it has been released for everyone else?
Next Story: LG F70 Mid-Ranged LTE Smartphone Unveiled
- 2014-04-17 Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-07 Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-25 Nokia Lumia Icon Undergoes Battery Tests
- 2014-02-20 Microsoft Throwing In Free Wireless Charger With Lumia Icon Purchase
- 2014-01-23 Nokia Lumia Icon User Guide Image Leaked
- 2013-12-16 Nokia Lumia Icon For Verizon Rumored For 16th January Release
- 2013-12-16 Verizon's Lumia 929 Could Be Known As "Lumia Icon"