We have been hearing rumors about a Nexus 8 for a while now. In fact it was back in 2013 that we caught wind that the Nexus 8 might be a LG-made device instead of an ASUS-made one, which we weren’t sure if it was either the LG G Pad or the Nexus 8 that some were talking about. That being said, a recent report from the folks at DigiTimes has claimed that if you were looking forward to an 8-inch Nexus tablet, perhaps your wait could soon be over as the tablet has been rumored to launch towards the end of April.
The report goes on to claim that the reason behind Google launching an 8-inch tablet is because they felt that competition in the 7-inch category was too stiff, so by launching into the 8-inch category, they would be avoiding some competition. Plus we’re assuming the 8-inch form factor will most likely appeal to those looking for a happy middle between a 7-inch and a 10-inch tablet. Unfortunately the hardware specifications of the alleged Nexus 8 remain unknown at this point in time, but if the April launch is true, chances are we will be hearing more about the device in the coming months. Until then take it with a grain of salt.
[Image Credit - Nikolai Prettner]
Next Story: LTE Nexus 7 Coming To Verizon Next Week [Rumor]
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued