According to the rumors, Samsung is expected to announce the Samsung Galaxy S5 ahead of MWC 2014. Of course this was a rumor but it looks like the rumor could soon be proven true, thanks to Samsung who has recently started to send out invites to an event that they will be holding on the 24th of February which they have also posted onto their Twitter account. According to the invite, Samsung will be hosting an Unpacked 5 event in Barcelona which is also where MWC 2014 will be held at.
Now based on the invite and the “5” in the name, it can only be assumed that this could be a Galaxy S5-related event. The design of the invite is also reminiscent of the faux leather back of the Galaxy Note 3 which would suggest that maybe the Galaxy S5 will not be using metal as previously rumored, but could turn to the faux leather back instead, which we guess does feel a bit more “premium” compared to glossy plastics. However we also expect that Samsung has other handsets to announce at MWC 2014, so there is always the off-chance that the event might not even be Galaxy S5-related at all, but either way we will be live at MWC 2014, so be sure to check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: Windows Phone Install Base Sits At 50 Million
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-02-26: Samsung Knox 2.0: Ready For Small Businesses And Cloud Management
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC