If you have ever used a feature phone, chances are you are familiar with the T9 keyboard layout (pictured above). Smartphones these days now provide full QWERTY keyboards and the way phones have been designed, the need for T9 keyboards has pretty much been done away with, save for feature phones which still relies on the feature. That being said, could a T9 keyboard be making its way back into Windows Phone? Well according to the MUI files extracted from the Windows Phone 8.1 emulator by Windows Phone Lover, the answer is yes, it would seem that there is evidence that T9 keyboards could be making an appearance in Windows Phone 8.1.
We’re not sure why would Microsoft include such a keyboard given that a lot of people have gotten used to QWERTY already, but perhaps this is an option targeting those who are using smartphones for the first time, like those in emerging markets whom Microsoft will probably want ot target with low-end devices, so by having a T9 keyboard, it will give these customers something familiar to work with. Of course it could be fun to use it anyway as it is a hark back to the good old days, but what do you guys think? Yay for the T9’s return?
Next Story: Galaxy S5 Display QHD Resolution 'Confirmed'
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]