You know what they say – better late than never, but it always makes sense to plan your day better so that you will be on time – or at least, early to your appointment. Bing, Microsoft’s search engine, has already received a scientific calculator and an image match feature, but this time around, there will be the addition of estimated driving time as well as mileage between two points on the map whenever they are typed into Bing. This is new to Bing, but Google Maps have had those for quite a fair number of years now, so it would not make Google’s executives quake in their boots with this Microsoft announcement.
For instance, if you were to type “Los Angeles to San Diego” in Bing, you will be informed that it takes somewhere around one hour and 46 minutes to arrive at your intended destination by car, covering a length of 120.8 miles. If you were to type in specific addresses, then do expect to receive more accurate time and distance numbers. Not only that, there will also be a map that shows off the correct route.
Apart from that, clicking on the map or the “turn by turn directions” link, will see the Bing Maps experience launched as you check out see a detailed set of turn-by-turn directions to make it all the more useful, especially when you’re on the move. [Press Release]
Next Story: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-19: Bing Shows Off Travel Time And Mileage For Driving Directions
- 2014-03-13: Bing Image Match Announced
- 2014-03-04: Bing Saves Public Beta Launched
- 2014-02-27: Windows 8.1 With Bing Could Be Attempt At Free Windows Offer
- 2014-02-24: Bing Maps Preview App Offer 15 New 3D Cities