We’ve seen plenty of video games being turned into movies, with the latest title being Need for Speed. Are they always good efforts? Some yes, some no, but what do you guys think of a Sonic the Hedgehog movie?
According to a rumor from The Tracking Board, apparently Columbia Pictures is interested in creating a Sonic the Hedgehog movie, and if you were thinking of something bright, colorful, and comedic, you might be in for a surprise.
The rumor claims that the studio is looking to develop a “dark and edge” version and will see a use of both live-action and animation mashed together. We’re not sure what that might look like but hopefully it won’t end up being too cheesy. The target audience is also said to be of the older variety, so kids who play the game might not appreciate it as much.
Now this isn’t to say that a dark and edgy version of Sonic the Hedgehog won’t work, but given the nature of the game and the previous cartoons that have since been released, it might seem a little out of character. Original Film and SEGA are said to be financing the project and are currently in search of writers.
So far names like Brad Bird and Phil Johnston have been reportedly shortlisted, but nothing has been confirmed yet. It sounds like an intriguing idea but what do you guys think? Would a dark and edgy Sonic the Hedgehog movie appeal to you?
Next Story: Assassin's Creed Unity Pre-Orders Have Begun
- 2014-03-17 Early Sonic Boom Character Designs Were "Traumatic" For The Sonic Team
- 2013-09-23 Sonic Lost World Trailer Revealed
- 2013-08-23 Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Edition Receives Nights-Inspired DLC
- 2013-08-08 Sonic Lost World Headed To Wii U, 3DS On October 22
- 2013-05-28 Sonic Lost World Trailer Debuts
- 2013-05-16 Sega Debuts Sonic The Hedgehog On Android