The famous Konami Code is back again, and this time around it would be Google’s very own Voice Search that offers you access to unlimited free Google searches. Yes, that was a joke, as performing a Google search does not cost you any money at all in the first place, but still, it is cool to go to a Google search bar and speak via Voice Search, saying “Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right.”
This is not the first time that Google has decided to implement the Konami Code into its products, as it had done so in the past where the Pixel Chromebook is concerned, as the LED strip which is located on the lid of the Chromebook will put on a light show for you to enjoy through a series of random blinking colors. Apart from that, this all too familiar code will also unlock an achievement in Google Play.
The Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right series of buttons gained prominence as a cheat code in numerous classic Konami video games of old, and in Contra for the NES, that code gave you another 30 more lives. This is definitely one of the more interesting ways to spruce up your mid-week, don’t you think so?
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-12-18: Google’s Christmas Easter Eggs Turns Mobile Device Into Karaoke Machine
- 2013-08-09: YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- 2013-05-13: Breakout Easter Egg By Google
- 2013-03-01: YouTube Gets In On The Harlem Shake Craze
- 2013-02-22: Chromebook Pixel Konami Code Easter Egg