They say that good things come to those who wait, and while patience is a definite virtue, it should not be sorely tested as even the most patient of men do have a breaking point. Hence, it is with a happy heart that we bring you word of the new Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) that will begin to ship from the likes of Roku.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Target.com and Walmart.com at $49.99 a pop after being announced earlier this month. Do keep a keen eye out for it in stores early next month, too.
At a $49.99 price point, one can more or less declare with confidence that the Roku Streaming Stick is capable of delivering big entertainment all on a tiny stick. With the Roku Streaming Stick, you will be able to gain access to more than 1,200 channels, ensuring that you can never get enough of movies, TV shows, news, music, sports and kids’ programming.
With this convenient little bad boy, you have over 31,000 movies to kill time with, and there will be a constant addition to the overall list at all times to keep things fresh. You can also opt to cast Netflix, YouTube and personal media from your smartphone or tablet to your TV, controlling the playback directly from your mobile device, with the option to do so via the included remote. [Press Release]
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2014-03-27: Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Now Shipping For $49.99
- 2014-03-24: Yahoo Screen Now On Roku
- 2014-03-04: New Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Announced
- 2014-01-05: Roku TV Introduced
- 2013-09-25: Roku Announces Roku LT, Roku 1, Roku 2 Streaming Video Players