Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 was released back in 1998 meaning that it’s a game that’s about 16 years old. What this also means is that as far as graphics are concerned, it does seem a little dated, which is why fans have been clamoring for a remake of the game. Capcom obliged fans with a remake of the original Resident Evil which was met with huge success and has stated that if there was enough demand, they might consider a remake of Resident Evil 2 as well.
While it remains to be seen if a remake of Resident Evil 2 will ever surface, a fan of the game and YouTuber, Rob Lima, has taken it upon himself to recreate certain portions of the game as a proof of concept to show that a remade version of the game could look like. Like we said this is a proof of concept, so if you were hoping to download it, you’d be out of luck.
The game is built using the Unreal Engine and has used scenes from the Resident Evil 2 sections of the Wii game, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles. Lima has also added the classic sound effects and cutscenes, as well as a functioning inventory system that shows how the game might play in real life if it were to be made a reality.
So far we really like what we see and here’s hoping that Capcom takes notice and releases a remake of the game for fans around the world. In the meantime if you have some time to spare, you might want to check out the video above to see the remake in action. What do you guys think?
- 2014-01-22 Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD For PC Announced
- 2013-08-30 Capcom's Resident Evil Becomes Haunted House At Universal Orlando
- 2013-08-16 Resident Evil 7 Will Return To Its Survival Horror Roots
- 2013-05-28 Limited Time Resident Evil Attraction To Launch At Universal Studios Japan
- 2013-03-15 Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2012-10-03 Resident Evil 6 patch go live tomorrow at 9AM PT