Back in 2013, HP announced a series of tablet models that are part of its HP Slate 7 series of Android tablets. Now it seems that HP could be getting ready to launch a new version of the Slate 7 tablet, thanks to a recent sighting on the WiFi Alliance website which revealed that the device recently gained certification.
The exact specifications of this particular model remain a mystery, but if there is one feature we can look forward to, it would be the inclusion of Beats Audio technology. This is due to the naming of the tablet which according to the listing, is called the HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition. Given that HP has worked with Beats in the past for its laptops, we guess we can’t say this collaboration comes as a surprise.
Now we should note that the first Slate 7 tablet and the Slate 7 HD had Beats Audio integrated into the tablet, so we’re not sure what so special about this “Beats Special Edition” tablet that warrants a brand new device. Perhaps it could be that it comes bundled with Beats headphones, or perhaps it could pack new hardware or maybe even a subscription to Beats Music, but either way we can’t wait to see what HP has in store for us.
No word on when HP plans on announcing this new tablet, how much it will cost, or when it will be available for purchase, but given that it recently got its WiFi certification, we can at least be sure that it is one step closer to seeing a release in the near future, hopefully.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-11-15: HP Pavilion dm4 Beats Edition
- 2011-01-03: HP Pavilion Desktop PCs To Get Beats Audio