It does seem as though Apple’s iPad Air is due for a hardware revamp, and new photos have hit the Internet, depicting the purported next generation iPad Air that will sport a bonded display. Now, do bear in mind that this happens to be a rumor since nothing has been confirmed yet, but it might very well be the real deal. If it were to be an actual device, that it is an even thinner version of Apple’s flagship tablet that ought to send pulses racing. This alleged revised iPad Air display assembly with the LCD and cover glass were manufactured as a solitary unit, which is not too far away from what Apple has done where the iPhone is concerned for the past few years.
The assembly that was depicted in the images do seem to be identical to the existing iPad Air models when seen from the front. Turn it over to the back, and one would be able to see a new connector configuration. Not only that, the LCD also does seem to have been bonded straight to the cover glass, which is a feature that was first introduced with the iPhone 4.
When one chemically bonds the cover glass to the LCD, it would end in a thinner overall assembly, not to mention enhanced viewing angles which will be more than welcome in a potential iPad Air model.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-24: Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store
- 2014-01-22: Apple Reportedly Sold 25 Million iPads Last Quarter
- 2014-01-21: iPad Air Found As More Popular With U.S. Customers In December
- 2013-12-08: Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- 2013-11-01: Apple's iPad Air Receives Low Repairability Score From iFixit