As you might have heard, the Samsung ATIV SE Windows Phone handset has recently gone up for pre-order on Verizon’s website. The handset, based on its specs, seems like it is a high-end Windows Phone device and with a price tag of $199 with a new two-year contract, it is still relatively expensive.
However according to a recent report by SamMobile, they have learnt that Samsung has a mid-ranged Windows Phone handset in the works called the Samsung ATIV Core and unlike the ATIV SE, the ATIV Core will come with Windows Phone 8.1 preinstalled.
According to the rumor, the Samsung ATIV Core will pack a 4.5-inch 720p HD display, 1GB of RAM, and a 2,100mAh battery. It will also be accompanied by a 8MP or 13MP rear-facing camera, but apart from that, not much else is known about the ATIV Core for now, like what chipset will it feature, and so on.
In fact we’re not sure what sort of design Samsung will be going with either. Could they be sticking to the Galaxy-inspired designs or could it be something else entirely? Either way with Nokia’s Windows Phone 8.1 handsets expected to see a release around May, it has been speculated that the Samsung ATIV Core might see a release around then as well. Until then take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-07: Samsung SM-W350F Could Be Another Windows Phone 8.1 Smartphone
- 2014-03-31: Samsung ATIV SE Release Slated For April Without Windows Phone 8.1 [Report]
- 2014-03-24: Samsung ATIV SE Rumored To Arrive On Verizon 18th April
- 2014-02-26: Samsung ATIV SE Could Be Final Name of The "Huron"
- 2014-02-04: Samsung SM-W750V Might Feature 720p Display, Not 1080p