Reviews are important for a company and their products because more and more consumers are getting smarter and are doing their research before purchasing a particular product or using a particular service. In fact we’ve seen how in some cases that damaging reviews of a restaurants on Yelp can negatively impact a business.
This is important because bad reviews can cause customers to lose interest in a particular product or service and go with a competitor, and it seems that Samsung is not taking kindly to recent press over in Korea. According to a report from Korean news site, Media Today, Samsung is suing another Korean publication, Electronic Times, for around $285,000 for negative press coverage of the Galaxy S5.
For those wondering, the report in question is over how Samsung is having difficulty obtaining the level of precision needed from lens suppliers for its Galaxy S5 camera. Samsung claims that the report is false and that these false claims will negatively impact the company. Electronic Times, however, states that their story fits the facts and does not constitute as a false alarm that could negatively impact consumer confidence.
Like we said, negative press coverage and bad reviews can impact a company and while there have been many rumors and negative press coverage over other brands and companies in the past, rarely do we see them launch lawsuits, unless of course we are talking about blatant slander or libel in which case a lawsuit might be warranted.
We’re not sure how this will play out but what do you guys think? Is Samsung’s lawsuit called for?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5