There have been rumors suggesting that Google had been dogfooding the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update and according to an earlier report, it was suggested that Sprint could be pushing out the update to the Nexus 5, or at least that was what was implied a few days ago. Unfortunately not only has the update not been pushed out to the Nexus 5, but all mention of it has been removed from Sprint’s website as well.
It has recently been discovered that any mention of the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update, also known as the KTU84F, on Sprint’s support page has been removed. According to the schedule, it was pegged for a release on the 14th of April which was something to look forward to, especially if there were bug fixes in the update that Nexus 5 owners needed. Not to mention the update would open up two new Spark LTE bands.
However oddly enough the listing tas been removed and we’re not sure why. Perhaps there are bugs in the update that need to be fixed first and was caught before it was rolled out, which was guess is a good thing since buggy handsets don’t really help with consumer confidence. It could also be that perhaps the dates might be wrong, which is why Sprint removed the listing to prevent further confusion.
Either way it’s not there and we now have no idea when the update will be arriving, if at all. We’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more information but hopefully Sprint’s Nexus 5 owners won’t have to wait too long to get their hands on the update.
- 2014-04-17: Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-01-30: Red Nexus 5 Could Launch On February 4
- 2013-11-10: Sprint Launches LG G2, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 And Galaxy S4 Mini
- 2013-11-07: Sprint's Nexus 5 Will Also Be Available Via Best Buy On 8th November
- 2013-10-31: Sprint Nexus 5 Launches November 8th For $149.99