A research team from Southern Taiwan University of Technology has successfully rolled out (no pun intended) the first solar powered wheelchair in the world. It will retail for less than current manual and electrical models, while another added advantage would be reducing the amount of electronic waste produced during manufacturing. In addition, solar-powered wheelchairs will be able to last far longer than a typical model since it does not need to be charged up in the same manner. A patent for this has already been applied, so one can expect to see these being mass produced in the near future. I like the fact that the responsibility of keeping the earth green can fall onto anybody’s shoulders, which is a good thing.
Next Story: Celeron E1000 coming next January
- 2014-04-14 Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09 Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08 Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02 Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17 Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth