Flexible displays could very well be the future, but until the technology becomes mainstream and affordable enough for the masses, it will remain the stuff of fantasy for most of us. LG wants to prepare for the future though by filing a patent known as the “Mobile terminal using flexible display and method of controlling the mobile terminal”. This patent application basically covers flexible mobile terminal ideas that you can see in the image above. Could this be a defensive move by LG just in case some patent troll decides to drop by later on? Perhaps, or it could very well be a negotiation for patent cross-license deals with Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Apple in their respective patent portfolios.
Next Story: Google Chrome For Mac Drops Its Beta Status
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-02-06: LG Patent Reveals Smartwatch/Stylus Combo
- 2013-06-19: LG To Mass Produce Flexible Displays In Q4 2013
- 2013-03-27: LG Issued Patent For A Phone With Three Displays
- 2013-02-04: Samsung And LG Settles Patent Dispute Through Peace Talk, Not War
- 2012-01-12: Microsoft and LG sign patent agreement