Owning an electric vehicle is definitely one of the ways you can go about saving the environment, which is why Adam Long from the University of New South Wales came up with the Rapid Charge, a recharging station for electric vehicles that will feature a universal coupling to SAEJ1773 standards which is capable of identifying the vehicle battery while applying the correct charge curve to any electric vehicle. It is also the first of its kind to deliver 3-phase high current power supply which enables it to achieve a fast charge of 80% charge within ten minutes. Since it boasts a modular architecture, it can be installed in any service stations, public car parks or other places. Pretty neat, eh?
- 2013-10-01 Palo Alto Might Make Electric Vehicle Chargers Compulsory For New Houses
- 2013-03-11 Wireless charging for electric vehicles
- 2013-03-04 ELF: Hybrid Solar / Pedal Vehicle by Organic Transit
- 2012-04-23 China aims to put 5 million electric vehicles on its roads by 2020
- 2011-12-02 GM offers to buy back Chevy Volt from unhappy customers