Folks have been talking a lot about PDF vulnerabilities recently, and now Apple has released an update for OS X that will patch the critical PDF vulnerability, amongst a bunch of other security issues. The update fixes a heap buffer overflow that exists in CoreGraphics and the way that it handles PDF files which could actually allow the application to be terminated or arbitrary code to be executed via a malicious PDF file. It wasn’t immediately clear if this vulnerability is due to similar code used in the recent iPhone PDF exploit, but the possibility is definitely there.
- Apple's Medical Experts Find Worker Death Wasn't Due To Working Conditions
- Apple's iPads Account For Six Spots In Japan's Top 10 Tablet List
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Apple Thinks Samsung Should Foot Some Of Their Legal Bill
- Southwest Airlines Offer $2 iMessaging Service For iOS Users
- Follow: Apple Inc, os x, pdf, security,
- Seen at: cultofmac