The founder of Segway has ironically been found dead, having driven a two-wheeled ’Segway-style’ vehicle off a cliff whilst on his North Yorkshire grounds. Jimi Heselden, owner of Hesco Bastion, apparently fell off the cliffs of his estate, where a Segway-style vehicle was recovered in the process. Unfortunately, he was already pronounced dead at the scene when the calvary arrived. RIP Jimi, and thanks for your two-wheeled creation that helped people who were less mobile get around fast, efficiently and safely. Oh yeah, and who could ever forget about the movie Mall Cop?
- 2013-05-01: Suicides At Foxconn Continue As Workers Toil In Silent Mode
- 2012-06-07: The Folding Electric Vehicle concept looks like a more comfortable alternative to the Segway
- 2012-03-27: Claire Lin, Taiwanese woman commits suicide while on Facebook chat
- 2011-10-17: Dexter Industries Inertial Motion Unit lets you create balancing robot Segways
- 2011-07-26: DIY Segway costs just €300
- 2011-06-16: Tilto: the DIY Segway
- 2011-02-15: Solowheel outrides Segway