Microsoft’s Bing search engine still has some way to go in order to overtake Google and now Microsoft is trying to entice users to Bing with its Holiday Song Giveaway. With this program, each user who participates and signs up for the Bing newsletter will be able to download one free song from Bing Music free of charge, up to a 500,000-person cap and is valid for a track with a maximum value of $1.29.
Once you’ve qualified, Microsoft will send out the gift code to claim the track, and you’ll need an Amazon account to claim it by January 24th. The strange bit is that Microsoft chose to use Amazon MP3 instead of its own Zune Marketplace, but you can bet that folks aren’t going to complain (too much) over freebies.RELATED
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Follow: Amazon, bing, Google, mp3, search, zune,