While people are busy trying to escape technology while they’re asleep, the folks over at Hollandia have been doing the opposite. Hollandia is a company that specializes in the manufacturing of beds and have just released a new bed called the i-Con. We have no idea why they call it the i-Con, but it is touted to be “the world’s first bed designed to work with Apple’s iPad.” And work with the iPad, it does. When a regular iPad dock just isn’t enough for you, the i-Con bed might be what you need. The headboard features 4 built-in speakers powered by a 250-watt amplifier and comes with 2 iPad docks – one for you and whoever you’re sharing the bed with. It wasn’t mentioned how the i-Con bed works (who gets to control which speakers will be used if both are plugged in at the same time?), but we know it’s definitely the perfect gift for a couple of newlywed Apple-fans. It won’t come cheap though, at $20,000 for the bed and mattresses, you might be better off constructing something yourself or looking elsewhere – but seeing how the i-Con is the first of its kind, it’ll probably take awhile before someone else comes along. Head here if you’re interested in finding out more.
Next Story: Street Fighter 4 played with the Kinect
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-02-09: Scosche bassDOCK gives your iPad audio some oomph
- 2011-10-12: iTar turns your iPad into a guitar
- 2011-09-02: iVictrola phonograph horn plays nice with iPad
- 2010-01-27: iPad gets a keyboard dock
- 2010-08-18: iPADock Is Able To Accommodate Several iPads And iPhones At One Go