Nikon rumors are busy making rounds on the Internet and apparently Nikon is planning to unveil its mirrorless camera sometime in the near future. A rumor pins the mirrorless camera to launch in April and it might use a tuned Sony sensor, possibly a 16- or 24-megapixel variant, though the former is most likely. Another rumor involves a prosumer camera, possibly dubbed the Coolpix P500 and is slated to replace the P100. Improvements will include a 36X optical zoom and the inclusion of a lens dial to adjust the zoom. A 12-megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor was mentioned, and should perform well in low-light scenarios. If the rumor turns out to be accurate, the camera might be arriving in February.
Next Story: HTC Flyer ready to take off
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released
- 2011-07-22: Leaked photo of Nikon's mirrorless camera sensor