Sanyo has introduced a new projector, namely the interactive PLC-WL2503. The PLC-WL2503 projector supports WXGA resolution and uses a 3 LCD design with a pen and pointer that allows users to make annotations on any projection surface. This feature is achievable as the pen and pointer contain an IR transmitter and when it’s pressed against the screen or wall surface, it generates an IR signal that is detected by the camera module in front of the projector. The signal is then transferred to the connected computer via USB and the annotation will be displayed on the screen. This feature is compatible with Windows XP and above, as well as Mac OS X.
Other specifications of this projector include 2,500 lumens of brightness and a 500:1 contrast ratio. This projector is capable of creating images between 60- and 110-inches at 47-inches away from the screen. Expect to pay $1,696 for it when it is launched later this month.
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-10-07: Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- 2013-09-26: Sony Announces New Projectors At CEDIA 2013
- 2013-08-16: EPICT EPP-100 Projector Is Android-Powered