Tesla might have released one of the hottest all-electric sports cars on earth in the past, but that doesn’t mean the company intends to lose money or rest on their laurels. No sir, they will in fact intend to complement their sleek looking Tesla Roadster and Model S with a couple of more family friendly electric vehicles over the next few years. Apparently, CEO Elon Musk recently announced that both an SUV and another mid-range vehicle are in the pipeline with the former being known as the Model X that is due to roll out at the end of the year. Apart from that, the next four years will be crucial for Tesla as they hope to roll out a sub-$30,000 electric car which will be a really significant breakthrough since Tesla’s current line up are only meant for fat cats since the Roadster retails for more than a hundred grand while the Model S will be in the $60,000 region when released in 2012.
Next Story: Android Market coming to Google TV?
- 2014-04-14: Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-03-30: Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2014-03-28: Tesla Installs Titanium Shield Under Its Cars To Prevent Battery Fires
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2014-03-11: New Jersey Bans Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- 2014-03-06: Tesla Plans Major Supercharger Network Expansion For Europe