Sony has announced the Vaio C Series, a new line of laptops that leverage design and performance to offer users a complete multimedia experience in a good-looking form-factor. It’s obvious that Sony wants to make a splash with this laptop, and they are not shy about it. Painted with Vivid colors, the Vaio C comes in neon green and orange -two colors usually associated with edgy consumer technology by many brands (…and some blogs ).
The Vaio C will be available in 14″ and 15.5″ flavors and if you wonder, both feature LED-backlit screens and offer 1080p resolution as an option (one that I wish we had on the Macbook Pro 15). Inside, you will find the latest Core i5 processor (codenamed Sandy Bridge) and a discrete AMD 6630 graphics processor. The design includes a Blu-Ray drive, and there’s even a wireless HD option for those who want to connect to their HDTV without wires.
Finally, there’s a Sony touch if you already own a PS3: the Remote Keyboard software lets you use your Vaio C to navigate the PlayStation user interface. We can’t wait to see all the details (including weight and battery life), but more information will probably come out before Sony starts taking pre-orders on March 13.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-06-04 New Sony Vaio Duo Pushes "Slider Hybrid" Concept Further
- 2011-06-15 Sony Vaio E: Updated
- 2011-05-25 Sony Vaio F: Summer Refresh
- 2011-05-25 Sony Vaio S Gets Updated
- 2011-03-07 Sony announces VAIO S Series laptop for performance oriented folks