The folks over at theGamerBuzz recently discovered a contest on Facebook offering the Xperia Play up for grabs (PlayStation Phone for those of you still out of the loop) and might have uncovered the price of the Xperia Play at the same time. In the rules of the contest, where the organizers usually let people know the approximate value of the prize, it is stated that the prize is worth $400. Since the prize of the contest is the Xperia Play, we can put the price of the phone to be approximately $400, and that is how much it costs unsubsidized. With carriers thrown into the mix, we should see the phone selling for much cheaper with a 2-year contract, although $400 is not a bad price to pay for the first ever PlayStation-certified Android handphone. What do you think of the $400 price tag? Will you be interested in purchasing it? Head here to check out our hands-on experience with the Xperia Play.
Next Story: Nokia allowed to customize Windows Phone 7
- 2012-06-19: Android 4.0 ICS build for Xperia Play gets certified despite Sony shelving it
- 2012-05-25: Sony confirms that the Xperia Play will not receive the Android 4.0 update
- 2012-05-24: No Android 4.0 update for the Sony Xperia Play?
- 2012-05-01: Verizon rolling out update for Sony Xperia Play, unfortunately it's not Android 4.0
- 2012-03-30: Sony Xperia Play gets Ice Cream Sandwich beta
- 2011-09-08: AT&T releases Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-04-01: Full Lineup of Xperia Play Games Unveiled, Global Launch Imminent
- 2011-02-18: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play looks beautiful in white
- 2011-02-09: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to arrive on Verizon?