Although we are not sure when exactly Netflix went down, we have noticed that the web video service has not been operating normally for at least the past 3 hours, and probably more (as seen from San Francisco). The DVD processing capabilities don’t seem to be affected – although you can’t manage your queue now, but the streaming content is definitely not working. Netflix says that it is working as fast as possible to fix this issue. This is not the first time that this happens, but interestingly, some Netflix users are already complaining on Twitter that they are forced to “use Cable TV”.
Update 8pm PT: it’s back up in SF, and hopefully everywhere.
Next Story: Robotic octopus arm mimics the real one
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality
- 2014-03-13: Video Streaming Services Now Part Of CPI Basket Of Goods In The UK
- 2011-09-27: Netflix increases streaming selection with content from Discovery Communications
- 2011-09-21: Netflix to add more TV content
- 2011-03-24: Netflix apologizes for downtime