[DEMO Spring 2011] We know Neurosky for its EGG “brainwave controller” and the various products that use its Brain Computer Interface technology such as MindFlex by Mattel. At DEMO this week, the company launched its new education platform MindWave. Basically, the application shown at DEMO was measuring my level of attention during a math exercise with the MindWave headset equipped with a frontal sensor, and it was pretty accurate.
We can imagine how the technology could help students improve their performance and their concentration using MindWave, and it is probable that attention disorders symptoms could be detected as well.
Check the video to see how the first MindWave application works, we expect the company to develop more educational tools in the future and get developers to create their own.
Next Story: T-Mobile rolls out BlackBerry OS 6 for Bold 9700
- 2013-07-18: DEMO Fall 2013, Oct. 15-17 Silicon Valley
- 2013-06-25: Gran Turismo 6 Demo Out This July 2
- 2013-03-28: Activision Shows Next-Gen Tech At GDC With Impressive Visuals
- 2013-03-12: The Last Of Us Demo Coming May 31
- 2013-01-28: Gears Of War: Judgment Multiplayer Overrun Demo Releasing March 19