If airplanes aren’t really your thing, you might prefer to take to the skies in a gyrocopter instead. AutoGyro will be unveiling their latest gyrocopter at the Aero Friedrichshafen this week. In case you didn’t know what a gyrocopter is, it is an aircraft that’s similar to a helicopter, but different in a number of ways. It is more stable at low speeds, takes off and lands without using a large area, it is cheap to run but it isn’t capable of hovering for long periods.
AutoGyro’s gyrocopter is called the Cavalon – a luxurious gyrocopter that has plenty of space for a passenger and a pilot, with plenty of room to move around if needed. The Cavalon looks pretty futuristic with its smooth curves and metal finish. If you’d like to get your hands on one of these vehicles, there are still 10 more left on sale for this year’s production run, but we don’t know how long it’ll be in stock.
The AutoGyro Cavalon will set you back around $94,276 (EUR65,000) – not cheap, but for the fun you get soaring through the skies, in the company of your friend or loved one should more than make up for it. Find out more about the AutoGyro Cavalon.
Next Story: RockMelt coming to iOS in the future (updated)
- 2014-03-17: Commute-Case Turns Your Briefcase Into A Ride
- 2012-02-29: Microsoft Flight now available for free
- 2012-01-30: Icarus revisited
- 2011-07-25: Evolution Neck Pillow makes sleeping on flights comfortable
- 2011-05-26: Power your car with exhaust fumes in the future?
- 2011-04-20: AutoGyro Cavalon gyrocopter lets you take to the skies for $94,276
- 2011-04-01: Car with 4 subwoofers tears a phonebook to pieces
- 2011-03-31: Inflatable crash helmets stay hidden until needed