Belkin has announced that its N750DB router would be available in the next couple of weeks. The Belkin N750DB is the brand’s top of the line router and has features such as multiple antennas, multiple wireless bands, USD ports, wireless printing, network attached storage functionality.. and more. It comes with a default security setup so that novice users are protected from the start. People typically get only one router and keep it for years, so I’ve identified key features that you might want to know about:
Belkin Memory Safe: this allows users to plug a USB drive and to effectively turn the N750DB into a network attached storage (a network disk) to which files can be backed up, or consolidated.
Wireless Printing: As its name indicates, it is possible to plug a USB printer and share it among several computers without leaving one of them ON at all times as you would need to do if sharing was using Windows or Mac OS.
Self-Healing: Basically, if there is a network problem, the router is a bit smarter and tries to diagnose itself and fix things (this is not a “fix-it-all”, but it can be handy for small problems). It also makes sure that it is using the wireless band that is least crowded in your particular environment. Many routers do this only once, but the N750DB should do this on a regular basis.
The router has many more features, but those are the ones that I think could be useful to most people. For more information on the Belin N750DB, head to Belkin’s product comparison page.
Next Story: Personal ATM helps your kids to save money
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo AirStation AC 1200 Dual Band Router Brings Support For 802.11AC
- 2014-01-05: Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker Announced
- 2013-10-23: Belkin Announces iPad Air Compatible Keyboard Cases And Other Accessories
- 2013-10-21: Belkin Skorpion Will Detect Malware While Recharging Your Android Device
- 2013-08-30: LEGO And Belkin Team Up For iPhone 5 Case
- 2013-07-22: Belkin WeMo Light Switch Now Available
- 2012-05-14: Buffalo WiFi-AC AirStation WZR-D1800H Router and WLI-H4-D1300 Bridge
- 2012-05-10: Belkin diving into the 802.11ac wireless networking market
- 2011-12-08: Next-gen WiFi-AC ships in H2 2012, says Broadcom
- 2011-11-18: CloudFTP adds Wi-Fi connectivity to camera or hard drive