Families who can’t live without the internet, especially on long road trips will be glad to know that if they buy a 2012 Ford Focus with Ford SYNC, long road trips don’t necessarily mean no more internet. The car will have the ability to turn into a mobile hotspot. All users have to do is plug a phone with a data connection into the car and enable the hotspot feature. A secure WiFi signal will be broadcast throughout the vehicle, allowing up to 5 different devices to leech off the same connection.
While this feature has been available in a number of cars for some time now, it’s never been present in cheaper, lower-end cars. No word on whether it will support 4G connections, but something tells me having 5 devices to share a single 3G connection isn’t going to be blazing fast. Then again, if you have an Android phone or iPhone, you should have the ability to create a mobile hotspot without any problems (make sure you pay for your tethering service of course).RELATED
- If Batman Loved Golf...
- Rolls-Royce To Design Ship To Transport Live Fishes
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Follow: focus, ford, mobile hotspot, sync,
- Seen at: trustedreviews