HTC has been trying hard to make sure their range of hardware remains at the top of the food chain where it will receive the latest firmware updates – at least keeping pace with Google’s very own latest smartphones. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Android 2.3 Gingerbread will be arriving on the HTC Desire HD and Incredible S – at least according to the HTC Europe page.
It makes perfect sense after all, as the HTC Desire HD and the HTC Incredible S are the high end models from the Taiwanese manufacturing company. Once your HTC Desire HD is updated to Gingerbread, you should be able to see version number 2.36.405.5 appear, with the HTC Incredible S getting version number 2.12.405.7. To date, there is a leaked Gingerbread ROMs for the HTC Desire HD hanging around, so it is nice to see that something official has been released.
For those who own either one of these two handsets, you will be excited to look out for an over-the-air update notification, where you can opt to use the more recommended route of Wi-Fi connection, but for those who have an unlimited data plan, there is always 3G connectivity. As for the older HTC Desire and Desire Z models, we would think that the Gingerbread update for both smartphones will be arriving soon.
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2011-02-18: HTC Desire HD caught running on Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- 2010-12-28: HTC Desire HD visits the FCC with support for North American 3G
- 2010-12-27: HTC Desire HD receives OTA software update
- 2010-09-23: HTC Desire HD ROM Ported To HTC Desire, Droid Incredible, And EVO 4G
- 2010-10-12: HTC Desire HD And Desire Z Delayed Until Mid To End October