HTC has been trying hard to make sure their range of hardware remains at the top of the food chain where it will receive the latest firmware updates – at least keeping pace with Google’s very own latest smartphones. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Android 2.3 Gingerbread will be arriving on the HTC Desire HD and Incredible S – at least according to the HTC Europe page.
It makes perfect sense after all, as the HTC Desire HD and the HTC Incredible S are the high end models from the Taiwanese manufacturing company. Once your HTC Desire HD is updated to Gingerbread, you should be able to see version number 2.36.405.5 appear, with the HTC Incredible S getting version number 2.12.405.7. To date, there is a leaked Gingerbread ROMs for the HTC Desire HD hanging around, so it is nice to see that something official has been released.
For those who own either one of these two handsets, you will be excited to look out for an over-the-air update notification, where you can opt to use the more recommended route of Wi-Fi connection, but for those who have an unlimited data plan, there is always 3G connectivity. As for the older HTC Desire and Desire Z models, we would think that the Gingerbread update for both smartphones will be arriving soon.RELATED
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Samsung Expected To Unveil Up To 5 Devices In Q1 2014 [Rumor]
- Samsung Patent Might Hint At Galaxy S5's Design
- YotaPhone Launched For €499
- Samsung SM-G900S Spotted In Benchmarks, Could Be The Galaxy S5
- Follow: desire hd, HTC, htc desire hd,