Apple has just introduced a spanking new software update for the second-generation Apple TV, where it will bump up the software version to 4.2.2. Apple’s servers do see the update as a new build of iOS 4.3 though, where it will tote around a build number of 8F305. As with any and every new update, there will be additional changes (most of the time for the better unless something goes awry) that intends to bring improvement to what is already available. To get a short list of what the update delivers, read on in the extended post.
Some of the changes will include :-
- Audio: Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio output setting: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description: Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date
If you’re an owner of the second generation Apple TV, have you updated your device already, and how do you find its performance?Related articles: