[Blackberry World] RIM has just announced that a new BlackBerry Video Chat app will be making its way over to the BlackBerry PlayBook. The app will finally allow PlayBook users to make video calls to other PlayBook users with RIM’s own app. As mentioned in our PlayBook review, the tablet didn’t come with an app out of the box, so it’s good to know that RIM is working hard to fill up the void of missing apps.
The BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat app features: one-click video and voice over WiFi calls, incoming call notifications, in-call functions that let you switch cameras easily and preview how you look with a picture in picture function, and a friends list for maintaining your favorite contacts. A call log also keeps track of calls you made, received, or missed.
The BlackBerry Video Chat will be distributed to all BlackBerry PlayBook tablets beginning May 3 as an over the air (OTA) update and will also be available on the BlackBerry App World. Keep your eyes peeled for it.
BlackBerry World Coverage:
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 Preview
- Facebook app for BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Enterprise Solution to work on multiple platforms
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-21: Angry Birds arrives on the BlackBerry PlayBook (finally)
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-12-09: Next BlackBerry PlayBook to feature 4G LTE connectivity and a higher resolution display?
- 2011-11-30: RIM investigates BlackBerry PlayBook rooting