Western Digital, manufacturers of hard drives and the WD TV media player has just introduced the latest version of WD Photos photo viewer app which now has support for WD TV Live Hub media center. For folks with the WD TV media player, you can now stream photos from your iOS or Android device onto your TV.
For folks who are always on the go, you can easily access any photographs stored on the WD TV Live Hub media center – all you need is an internet connection to access the device back home. No more using precious storage space on your phone for high-quality photographs, and even if you lose your mobile device, the photos are still safely stored at home.
“The WD TV Live Hub media center already lets users store and play 1 TB of their personal videos, photos and music plus enjoy the best of Internet services including Netflix®, YouTube™, Pandora® and Facebook®, all without a computer,” said Dale Pistilli, vice president of WD branded products. “Now with the new release of WD Photos, the world’s first smartphone-to-HDTV video sharing app, WD TV Live Hub helps users stay in touch with friends and family in high-definition.”
Features of the WD Photos photo viewer app include:
- Pinch and zoom functionality so consumers can digitally zoom in on the displayed photo;
- Instantly post photos to Facebook;
- Create a slideshow with transitions to create digital art;
- Access previously viewed photos even when the user is offline;
- View photos all at once or filter them by folder or album;
- Search by file name, folder name, or date using the built-in search options;
- E-mail a photo to a friend;
- Assign a photo to a contact;
- Supports iPhone iOS4 so user can listen to music as they view their photos;
- Enables users to view their pictures on their iPad or Android tablet; and
- Consumers can also allow up to four smartphones or tablets access to their WD TV Live Hub media center.