We do know that there will be a WiMAX-enabled BlackBerry PlayBook rolling out sometime down the road, but there is no word on an exact date just yet. However, some enterprising sleuths who decided to rely on the power of Google managed to uncover a secret – the shipping date of such a PlayBook might be closer than you think. This is made possible thanks to a Google search that shows a reference to a new Sprint Playbook webpage which references a 4G version. The link seems to be just a placeholder at the moment, without divulging any more additional information that would send the tablet community nuts.
Originally meant to ship from Sprint on April 19th, the date saw a delay to May 8th followed by another unspecified date, leaving everyone up in the air and speculators rubbing their hands in glee as they gaze into their crystal balls.
Hopefully the WiMAX-enabled BlackBerry PlayBook will be plagued with far less issues (none the better) compared to the PlayBooks that are in the market at the moment. Will their second shot help them gain lost ground?
Next Story: Most expensive App Store app: BarMax CA
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-01-16: Dingleberry 3.0 BlackBerry PlayBook root released
- 2011-08-12: Sprint cancels BlackBerry PlayBook 4G sales
- 2011-06-03: Sprint BlackBerry PlayBook to arrive this June 5th
- 2011-05-04: Sprint BlackBerry PlayBook touted to be delayed yet again
- 2011-01-05: BlackBerry 4G PlayBook from Sprint announced