While the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation Phone for those of you still in the dark) has yet to hit our shores, the Android handset has already been released in other parts of the world. But a quick check on the PSOne classic games being sold on the Android Market tells us that the games aren’t doing very well. None of the games on sale have yet to hit a thousand copies. However, Sony Ericsson isn’t worried.
According to Dominic Neil-Dwyer of Sony Ericsson, “We know there’s a lot more to come that we’re not, obviously, releasing yet. We’re releasing as we go, rather than telling everyone the full story.” He emphasizes that it’s a brand new platform that’s still in development. It’s also worth noting that the Xperia Play is also the first of many PlayStation-certified devices, with others on the way. With only 5 titles at launch, Sony really is off to a slow start, but it hasn’t been too long since the Xperia Play was launched. Let’s see what other tricks they have up their sleeves.
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-01: FIFA 12 is exclusive for the Xperia Play until February 2012
- 2011-09-29: Sony Ericsson giving away four games for Xperia Play on October 1st
- 2011-06-07: Sony Ericsson introduces the Xperia Play Experience Pack
- 2011-06-02: Sony Ericsson announces 20+ games for the Xperia Play
- 2011-03-11: Tegra 2 phones confirmed to support the Sony PlayStation Suite