On the official Apple Support Community forums, there have been numerous reports of users being unable to update their Apple TV set top boxes. These users keep getting error messages that prevent them from installing the latest update for Apple TV’s operating system. It is uncertain what the cause of the problem is, but it has been reported that the “higher level” staff at Apple are aware of the problem and are hoping to issue a fix by Tuesday, June 28th.
It seems that the problem did not occur only in certain areas (i.e. Memphis Tennessee) so it might be a server-related issue. Either way, hold on to your hats, the update should be just around the corner. Anybody experiencing issues updating their Apple TVs, or found a solution to rectify the problem? Drop us a comment to let us know.
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2014-04-02: Analyst Thinks Amazon's Fire TV Will Motivate Apple To Revamp The Apple TV
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2011-10-24: Apple TV and MacBook Pro 15" get bug fixes
- 2011-10-18: iPhone 4S facing display issues?
- 2011-08-01: Apple TV gets software updates
- 2011-04-08: Apple confirms Verizon iPad 2 3G issues
- 2011-03-23: Apple TV gets software update 4.2.1