Who would’ve thought that we’d ever see online video games evolve beyond simple Flash apps and word games into high-quality blockbuster games that can be streamed to pretty much any device out there, without having to deal with obstacles such as system requirements? Well, OnLive did, and it looks like they’re doing pretty well with its service. It’s only been in the business for less than a year since its launch and it has hit an important milestone.
As of June 7th, OnLive will be adding its 100th game to its catalog, and that game will be Red Faction: Armageddon. It will be released on the service on the same day it hits all the other platforms it is released on. In addition to being the 100th game milestone for OnLive, it will also be OnLive’s first ever PC demo exclusive. PC gamers who want to try out the game will have to do it through OnLive’s exclusive service, a first for the company.
Growing at a rate of around 2 new games a week, OnLive’s gaming service should be enough to keep most gamers satisfied and coming back for more. Find out more about OnLive’s full game catalog on its website.
- 2012-11-15 LG G2 Series HDTV gets OnLive Cloud Gaming
- 2012-08-19 OnLive to continue operations under new management [official]
- 2012-08-19 OnLive Game Streaming Company Goes Under
- 2012-07-27 Instagram hits 80 million users
- 2012-07-27 OnLive will be available on OUYA at launch
- 2012-07-17 OnLive Universal Controller to support Nexus 7 tablet soon