While Samsung’s legal team is busy fending off Apple’s lawsuits, the company has been busy releasing other computers as well. Liliputing reports that Samsung has confirmed the release of its upcoming NC215S solar-powered netbook in the US next month. The lightweight computer features a 10.1″ 1024 x 600 matte display, 1GB of RAM, and a 1.66GHz Intel Atom N570 dual-core processor.
But what’s special about this netbook is its lid that is covered in solar cells. Apparently, every two hours of sunlight gives users an additional one hour of battery life. The netbook is touted to have a battery life of 14 hours – under ideal conditions. Great for folks who need to spend all day out in the sun. Expect the NC215S to available in the week of July 3rd with a suggested retail price of $399. Any takers?
Next Story: HTC ChaCha spotted with AT&T logo
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-02-10: Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite Jumps Aboard The Haswell Bandwagon
- 2011-07-11: Samsung NC215S delayed until August
- 2011-05-11: Samsung might be developing a solar-powered netbook
- 2011-03-16: Samsung Series 9 laptop available tomorrow
- 2010-04-05: VIA Processors Coming To Samsung And Lenovo Netbooks?