For those unfamiliar with Skullcandy, they’re a company that produces skate/punk styled headphones, usually with pretty loud graphics and colors, fitting the whole skate/punk look if that’s what you’re aiming for. In their latest offering, the Vandal iPhone speaker dock, it looks like the company may have decided that just this once, to step away from the whole skater/punk image, and if only for just this particular product.
Designwise, we think that the Vandal iPhone speaker dock looks pretty retro/vintage and sleek, what with the black and gold. In fact the front portion of the speakers reminds me of a Marshall guitar amplifier head. Perhaps it was inspired? Comparing it to their line of headphones, this is a rather huge departure in terms of design.
However despite the rather retro/vintage look, underneath the hood the Vandal iPhone speaker dock packs 80mm woofers and 19mm tweeters, with a total output of 21 watts. Pretty decent specifics by all accounts. If you’re looking to get your hands on the speaker dock however, be prepared to fork over $179.99 for it.
- 2013-11-11 Skullcandy Air Raid Bluetooth Speaker
- 2013-10-22 Skullcandy Rolls Out Eric Koston Signature Series Crusher Headphones
- 2012-10-07 Skullcandy Navigator headphones an Apple Store exclusive
- 2011-12-30 Skullcandy Kidrobot Mix Master headphones
- 2010-09-08 Skullcandy Offers A Virtual Dressing Room To Try Its Headphones On