In the latest issue of the CEPro magazine, TiVo mentioned that it will be releasing additional companion mobile apps for Android and iOS devices. The company currently has TiVo remote control apps on those platforms, but it looks like they will be giving their customers even more ways to interact with their TiVo DVRs using their mobile devices. TiVo wants to make “it easy for users to maximize the power of its products and extend the TiVo experience to a “second screen.”"
Other than the mention of those apps, there wasn’t any elaboration on what the apps would accomplish, but the phrase “second screen” suggests that users will be able to use their mobile devices to view TiVo content as well. And a lot of people sure are hoping for the ability to stream TiVo recordings, but until then we can only keep our fingers crossed. What features would you like to see in the new TiVo app?
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-01-16: Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-10-30: Double Dragon Trilogy To Make Its Way Onto iOS And Android