Western Digital has a Nomad rugged case that will offer you additional protection for your collection of My Passport portable hard drives (which incidentally are from Western Digital for obvious reasons), being touted to shield them from drops as high as 7 feet, in addition to moisture, spills and additional mishaps that are associated with active, on-the-go lifestyles. Just how tough is the WD Nomad rugged case? For starters, it will come with a polycarbonate exterior as well as shock-absorbing elastomer cushion within, giving it a tough outside and a soft inside.
Conforming to strict military standards (MIL-STD-810G) where ruggedness is concerned, the heavy-duty latch and silicon liner that comes with it is capable of sealing out dirt, dust, and moisture. The highly functional design will also come with an opening for the drive’s USB connector, letting you access the drive even when it remains inside the case. Apart from that, a molded exterior ring will let users attach a carabiner, cable, or nylon strap for added convenience and accessibility.
The range of hard drives which the new WD Nomad rugged case is compatible with include My Passport Essential, My Passport Essential SE, My Passport Elite, My Passport for Mac, and My Passport SE for Mac. It is now available for $29.95 a pop. [Press Release]
- 2013-10-02: Western Digital’s My Cloud Makes Network Storage Easy
- 2013-05-21: Caterpillar Announces B15 Rugged Android Smartphone
- 2013-03-12: Runbo X3, The Rambo of smartphones
- 2013-02-25: Caterpillar CAT B15 Rugged Android Jelly Bean Phone Announced
- 2012-08-31: Western Digital VelociRaptor Duo is an extreme Thunderbolt HDD
- 2012-07-11: WD 2go app now supports Dropbox
- 2012-05-31: Dell Latitude E6430 ATG
- 2012-04-11: Western Digital Scorpio Blue hard drive starts to ship
- 2012-04-03: Western Digital announces My Passport Studio 2TB for Mac
- 2012-03-08: Caterpillar announces CAT B10 rugged Android smartphone