Anymode from Korea must have ran out of ideas as they decided to take the iPad 2′s Smart Cover as a very close inspiration for the Samsung Galaxy Tab’s cover – sporting a similar folding 4-segment design as well as the same range of colors. The only thing it doesn’t do? It won’t work with the iPad, since it is meant to just dress your Android-powered tablet’s back as some form of basic protection.
It must be said that the Smart Case also sports a very close connection to Samsung – as purported official Samsung certification shown by company chief Sang-yong Kim, who incidentally is also claims to be the nephew of Samsung chairman Kun-hee Lee. Anymode and its parent Youngbo Engineering make accessories for Samsung, such as Bluetooth peripherals and headphones.
It’s possible Anymode is trying to associate itself with Samsung to gain legitimacy. Samsung hasn’t commented on the apparent link.
If accurate, the presence of the Smart Case could well hurt Samsung’s defense against Apple. Samsung didn’t design the products itself, but its tacit approval of accessories meant to imitate iPad accessories might be useful as incidental evidence.
Next Story: Jabra Drive Bluetooth speakerphone
- 2014-04-23 Japan Display Develops 10-Inch 4K Tablet Screens
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval