If you haven’t heard of iHeartRadio, you’re probably going to hear about it in the near future. Clear Channel has just announced its new app/service called iHeartRadio that is scheduled to launch this fall. If you’re wondering – hasn’t iHeartRadio already been out for some time now? Well, it’s going to undergo a major revamp. According to Clear Channel, the new iHeartRadio will “reinvent the digital radio experience for music fans by combining the most popular broadcast radio stations with the ability to create custom stations in one free service.”
The upcoming service is said to offer over 750 broadcast radio stations and digital-only stations from cities all the cross the country – in addition to the personalized stations that users can create themselves. Another interesting point about iHeartRadio is that it’ll be completely free, with no commercials (at least until the end of the year).
To kick off the launch of the new iHeartRadio, Clear Channel will be hosting a two-day music festival that is said to be the “largest concert event in radio history”. Look out for artistes such as Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Alicia Keys and The Black Eyed Peas in Las Vegas on September 23rd and 24th. Find out more on iHeartRadio’s Facebook page.
Next Story: AT&T officially announces HTC Status
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- Search Engines Not That Instrumental In Aiding Music Piracy, According To Study
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Microsoft's Nokia Music Mix Party Let's Your Friends Become Virtual DJs [Video]
- Spotify Rolls Out 'Discover' Tab To Help Users Find New Tunes