Despite the fact that Apple stores can be found in China, not everyone has the means of purchasing an Apple device. In fact we had reported a case where a boy in China sold his kidney to get enough money for an iPad 2, which was later followed up by another report where a girl was apparently trading her virginity for an iPhone 4. In a less dramatic scenario, instead of offering up body parts for sale, a man in China has decided to build his own iPad.
Technically it isn’t really an iPad, since it runs on Windows, but what this man managed to do was put together some old laptop parts along with a touch screen, and basically created his very own tablet, which ran on Windows XP. The amazing thing is that it works, and on top of all of that, he even managed to put together a leather casing for the tablet that came with a keyboard built in, which essentially turned the device back into a laptop.
If you’re able to read and understand mandarin, the 20 minute video on how he pieced everything together can be found on YouKu, which is China’s answer to YouTube. Seems like a pretty talented fellow, perhaps one of the MNCs should give him a job, assuming that he isn’t working for one already.RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: Apple Inc, china, diy, iPad, Tablet, windows xp,
- Seen at: geek