Despite the fact that Apple stores can be found in China, not everyone has the means of purchasing an Apple device. In fact we had reported a case where a boy in China sold his kidney to get enough money for an iPad 2, which was later followed up by another report where a girl was apparently trading her virginity for an iPhone 4. In a less dramatic scenario, instead of offering up body parts for sale, a man in China has decided to build his own iPad.
Technically it isn’t really an iPad, since it runs on Windows, but what this man managed to do was put together some old laptop parts along with a touch screen, and basically created his very own tablet, which ran on Windows XP. The amazing thing is that it works, and on top of all of that, he even managed to put together a leather casing for the tablet that came with a keyboard built in, which essentially turned the device back into a laptop.
If you’re able to read and understand mandarin, the 20 minute video on how he pieced everything together can be found on YouKu, which is China’s answer to YouTube. Seems like a pretty talented fellow, perhaps one of the MNCs should give him a job, assuming that he isn’t working for one already.
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-07: iPad to be renamed in China?
- 2011-11-14: Speck iGuy keeps your iPad safe
- 2011-09-20: iPad 2 comes to China with 3G this Wednesday
- 2010-09-13: Apple iPad Coming to China, Rumored for Target Stores