If you’ve been looking for official information concerning Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, it looks like you’ll be better off starting from the official Call of Duty website. It was recently discovered that the domain name, modernwarfare3.com, has been registered to someone who has no love for the game and is attempting to bring it down.
At first, when users accessed the site, it would lead users to the official Battlefield 3 website instead. This led people to think that EA was pulling off a very gutsy promotional stunt (similar to IE7.com). But now, it has its own content discussing about Modern Warfare 3 and saying how it’s just going to be a rehash of MW2.
The site looks pretty unprofessionally done, which leads us to believe it was done by some disgruntled fan instead of EA (could be a ruse though). Regardless, Activision obviously isn’t too happy about this and has filed a complaint to the National Arbitration Forum (the body in charge of domain names on the internet). What do you think of this website? Do you think it was done by EA?
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20