Don’t you just hate it when you have just a little bit more work to go, and with no power outlet in sight, your notebook gives up simply because there is no more battery left to power it? Well, Samsung feels that they have the solution in the form of the Samsung NC215S, but said netbook has been delayed until August later this year. This 10″ netbook is the first of its kind that boasts a solar panel which has been built straight into the lid. While it had already gone up for pre-order, it hasn’t started to ship just yet.
We guess the next time someone asks you what are some of the essential items you would bring with you onto an island if you were to be marooned, then the Samsung NC215S might just be one of the compulsory items. After all, where else are you going to write your memoirs if not on the netbook? Since you’re stranded on a tropical island and can survive on coconuts, you can prepare your future book when someone rescues you while juicing up the netbook under the sun as you figure out just what the next chapter will hold.
Powered by an Intel Atom 1.66GHz N570 dual core processor, the Samsung NC215S’s solar panel is touted to generate enough electricity to provide 1 hour of run time for every 2 hours it basks under the sun.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2012-10-25: Solar-powered Internet school helps South African children
- 2011-11-25: Samsung to discontinue netbook in favor of ultrabooks (Rumor)
- 2011-10-27: Samsung launches solar powered internet schools in South Africa
- 2011-06-20: Samsung to release NC215S solar-powered netbook in the US
- 2011-05-11: Samsung might be developing a solar-powered netbook