While we’re still waiting for the Gingerbread update for our Sidekick 4G phones, T-Mobile has pushed out a new update for the phone over the weekend. The update is said to be a maintenance release that includes various bug fixes and enhancements based on customer feedback. The update will bring the sidekick software up to version T839UVKG2.
Since it is a staggered roll out, not everybody will be getting it at once. Fortunately it is an OTA update, so users won’t have to do much besides click accept and wait for the update to be downloaded and installed. Still no word on when Android 2.3 will be arriving on the device, but let’s hope it won’t take too long.RELATED
- Alcatel Idol X+ To Be Accompanied By Smart Devices?
- White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- Nokia Guru Could Be The BH-121 Touch
- Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Sports Dual SIM Capability
- New Nokia Lumia 1020 Ad Touts Camera Capability
- Follow: Android, ota, Samsung, t-mobile, update,
- Seen at: tmonews