While we’re still waiting for the Gingerbread update for our Sidekick 4G phones, T-Mobile has pushed out a new update for the phone over the weekend. The update is said to be a maintenance release that includes various bug fixes and enhancements based on customer feedback. The update will bring the sidekick software up to version T839UVKG2.
Since it is a staggered roll out, not everybody will be getting it at once. Fortunately it is an OTA update, so users won’t have to do much besides click accept and wait for the update to be downloaded and installed. Still no word on when Android 2.3 will be arriving on the device, but let’s hope it won’t take too long.
Next Story: Lego computer case houses three computers
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: T-Mobile's "Simple Starter Plan" Lowers Entry Cost
- 2011-07-28: T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-26: T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today
- 2011-04-21: Motorola DEFY receives Froyo update